In 2011, the National Venture Capital Association and Dow Jones VentureSource released their study of the diversity makeup of the venture capital industry. Not surprisingly, the majority of people working in the VC industry were white and. . . wait for it. . . male. While women represented 21 percent of employment in the VC industry, only 11 percent listed themselves as actual investors. In cleantech, the number of female investors was 4 percent higher, at 15 percent. Meanwhile, as Founder of the organization Women in Cleantech & Sustainability, I know there are many female investors out there, if you know where to look. To make it simpler for everyone to applaud these women in their efforts to bring diversity to this traditionally male-dominated field, we’ve listed our top 20 here.
1. Nancy Floyd, Founder and Managing Director, Nth Power
2. Nancy Pfund, Managing Partner, DBL Investors
3. Andree-Lise Methot, Founder, Cycle Capital Management
4. Joyce Ferris, Founder and Managing Partner, Blue Hill Partners
5. Diana Propper de Callejon, General Partner, Expansion Capital Partners
6. Marianne Wu, Partner, Mohr Davidow Ventures
7. Cathy Zoi, Partner, Silver Lake Kraftwerk
8. Jill Watz, Venture Partner, Vulcan Capital
9. Kiki Tidwell, President, Tidwell Idaho Foundation Angel; Investor, Astia, Empower Micro Systems, and Mission Investors Exchange
10. Yvette Go, Partner, Chrysalix SET; Board Director, MicroShade A/S
Don't forget to submit a nomination for the 2013 Power-Gen Woman of the Year Award here.
The information and views expressed in this blog post are solely those of the author and not necessarily those of RenewableEnergyWorld.com or the companies that advertise on this Web site and other publications. This blog was posted directly by the author and was not reviewed for accuracy, spelling or grammar.
View the original article here