Saturday, November 12, 2011

Repsol new gas find in Brazilian post-salt

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Repsol Sinopec Brazil and its partner Petrobras have made a new offshore gas discovery in the Brazilian post-salt.

The find was made 135 kilometres from the city of Vitoria, in the Espiritu Santo basin.

The well, known as Malombe, was drilled in the southeast of the Peroa field, in 980 metres (3,215 feet) of water. The find was confirmed after several tests detected gas at a depth of 2,600 metres.

The consortium, which will continue to carry out work on the block, will present an evaluation plan to Brazil’s National Oil Agency (ANP), which aims to demarcate the new deposit that has been discovered, and result in an estimate its volume and production capacity.

Repsol Sinopec Brazil has an 11.9% share in the consortium and Petrobras, which is the operator, holds the remaining 88.1%.

View the original article here

0 коммент.:

Post a Comment